COVID-19 Resources (updated June2020)
Climate Action Tax Credit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/taxes/income-taxes/personal/credits/climate-action
- A one-time enhancement to the climate action tax credit will be paid in July 2020 for moderate to low-income families
MSD Crisis Supplement: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/governments/policies-for-government/bcea-policy-and-procedure-manual/general-supplements-and-programs/crisis-supplement
- One time only payment: $40 for food, $100 for clothing) as well during COVID-19 Emergency/Disaster Supplement (up to $250, if client has no funds, potentially no food and needs to self-isolate or quarantine)
- Accessing the Crisis grants: Clients can call 1-866-866-0800 (If you call on behalf of a client, consent must be on file)
Those who have lost income
Emergency Benefit for Workers: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/employment-business/covid-19-financial-supports/emergency-benefit-workers
- One time payment of $1000
Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB): https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/benefits/apply-for-cerb-with-cra.html
FortisBC’s COVID-19 Customer Recovery Fund: https://www.fortisbc.com/about-us/supporting-british-columbia-during-the-covid-19-outbreak/covid-19-customer-recovery-fund
- The energy provider’s new fund allows residential customers to defer their bill payments from April 1 to June 30, 2020. Repayment schedules can be set up to allow bills to be paid over a full year after that date.
BC Hydro’s Customer Crisis Fund: https://app.bchydro.com/accounts-billing/bill-payment/ways-to-pay/customer-crisis-fund.html
- BC Hydro customers experiencing job loss, illness or lost wages due to COVID-19 can access grants up to $600 to pay their hydro bills through the Customer Crisis Fund.
Gov of Canada: Increase to Canada Child Benefit: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/child-family-benefits/canada-child-benefit-overview/canada-child-benefit-apply.html
ICBC Payment Deferral: https://www.icbc.com/about-icbc/contact-us/Pages/covid-19.aspx
Counselling Services: Updated
- Phone and video sessions available: individual, couples, families.
- Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM): work place critical incidents (covered by extended health plans like Morneau-Shepell & Blue Cross or workplace HR Departments).
- Stress Reduction Courses using Mindfulness-Meditation for individuals, groups, and employees (live video, similar to university-courses with demos, individual, and group exercises).
- Quarantine Care Package – José F. Mata, L.M.F.T.
- Compassion in the Time of Coronavirus – Jack Kornfield
- Not Losing Our Minds and Hearts When We Most Need Them: Mindfulness, Healing, and Wisdom in a Time of COVID-19 – Jon Kabat-Zinn
- Managing in the Midst of COVID-19 – Peter Levine, Ph.D.
- When the COVID-19 Pandemic Leaves Clients Feeling Helpless – Bessel van der Kolk, M.D.
- COVID-19 Anxiety, Cultivating Safeness, and Polyvagal Theory – Stephen Porges, Ph.D.
- A Zen Master’s Tips for Staying Sane During Challenging Times
- Staying Physically Active During Self-Quarantine – World Health Organization (WHO)
- How to Protect Your Mental Health During Quarantine – University of Virginia
- Anxiety and Stress: Exercises you can do at home CLICK HERE